Panendeism.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panendeism.org

For the Promotion of Reason Based Spirituality...

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cosmology and Panendeism

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nick_A

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-04-02

Cosmology and Panendeism Empty
PostSubject: Cosmology and Panendeism   Cosmology and Panendeism Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 11:23 pm

Hi All

Are cosmology and Panendeism compatible? It would seem so according to the description in your homepage

Quote :
Panendeism is a sub-category of Deism. It is based on the speculation that the universe is a part of god, but not all of god and literally means "all in god". Some panendeists have established numerous additional beliefs, some of which are quite detailed, and use more specialized terminology to describe their beliefs. However, any deist who believes that the universe is a part (but not the whole) of god, can be considered a panendeist.

The cosmology that interests me refers to levels of reality where one cosmos exists within another creating what Pythagoras described as an octave. This vertical octave contains levels of reality. Once I began to understand this as a process of involution and evolution connecting levels of reality, human meaning and purpose began to open for me.

Jacob Needleman gives a nice introduction in his book "A Sense of the Cosmos." The first chapter is reproduced here:

http://www.rawpaint.com/library/intro.html

Part three, the conscious universe, reveals levels of consciousness which explains IMO human conscious evolutionary potential. I don't see how cosmology contradicts Panendeism but if it does, I'm sure someone will point it out. Smile
Back to top Go down
Aaron
Admin
Aaron

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2007-01-24

Cosmology and Panendeism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cosmology and Panendeism   Cosmology and Panendeism Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 9:25 am

Yes they are absolutely compatible. Panendeism is a very broad sub-category of Deism. Panendeists believe a whole variety of different things. Some hold beliefs that have very specific and complex metaphysics and then others are very agnostic regarding the details.

IMO, involution and evolution are different aspects of manifestation. I believe that all manifestation is grounded in infinite formless unmanifested potential. It's these two "poles" of existence (the manifest and the unmanifest) that I call "god". Other panendeists have very different metaphysical models however.
Back to top Go down
http://panendeism.web.officelive.com/default.aspx

Cosmology and Panendeism
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Panendeism.org :: Panendeism Discussions :: General Panendeism Forum-
Jump to: