Panendeism.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panendeism.org

For the Promotion of Reason Based Spirituality...

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gnosticism and Panendeism

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Frosty

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-11-05

Gnosticism and Panendeism Empty
PostSubject: Gnosticism and Panendeism   Gnosticism and Panendeism Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 8:44 am

I'm new here, but I'll just put my two cents in for the heck of it.

Is it possible that Gnosticism and Deism is compatible?

Gnosticism posits a form of knowledge that is more intuitive. Their definitely is a more intuitive side to human beings that is expressed in myth and art.

If we accept a dualism of the brain, with one being logical and the other being creative and intuitive, would it not make sense that Deism relates to the logical side, and the more intuitive to the more creative side?

I think we need to remember humans are not Vulcans. While it is wrong to assert that any myth is true in an absolute, factual manner, it may be true in a intuitive, spiritual/emotional manner.

For me Panentheistic Deism and Gnosticism goes together. I am really glad to have started my research on Deism.
Back to top Go down
stretmediq

stretmediq

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Gnosticism and Panendeism   Gnosticism and Panendeism Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 9:43 am

Deism is simply a belief in God based on reason. That covers alot of terratory. There are Christian Deists, Islamic Deists, Buddhist Deists, and believe it or not Atheistic Deists. If reason has led you to a form of Gnostic Deism then you should embrace it and explore it as far as reason will allow.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cafepress.com/newdeism
Aaron
Admin
Aaron

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Gnosticism and Panendeism   Gnosticism and Panendeism Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 10:28 am

Hello Frosty and welcome. Smile

Yes, I don't see why Deism and Gnosticism couldn't be compatable. Intuition is a part of the process of reasoning afterall.

Frosty wrote:
Gnosticism posits a form of knowledge that is more intuitive. Their definitely is a more intuitive side to human beings that is expressed in myth and art.

I wouldn't necessarily equate intuition with myth. I think mythic reasoning is just one way of interpreting intuition. It is also possible to have a rational interpretation of intuition as well and even perhaps a trans-rational interpretation of intuition.
Back to top Go down
http://panendeism.web.officelive.com/default.aspx
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gnosticism and Panendeism   Gnosticism and Panendeism Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gnosticism and Panendeism
Page 1 of 1