Panendeism.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panendeism.org

For the Promotion of Reason Based Spirituality...

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Dance of Deism...

Go down 
+2
CraigC
Aaron
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Aaron
Admin
Aaron

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2007-01-24

The Dance of Deism... Empty
PostSubject: The Dance of Deism...   The Dance of Deism... Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 5:30 pm

I was reading ‘The Dancing Wu Li Masters’, by Gary Zukav last knight and I came across this quote. I thought it was really cool.

Quote :
“Science” and “religion” are only dances, and those that follow them are dancers. The dancers may claim to know the “truth” or claim to seek “reality,” but the true love of all dancers is dancing…

I know that when it comes to theology and the nature of God and reality I very often find myself going in circles. The quote rings true to me because Deism often feels like a dance… A dance that doesn’t have an end. But that doesn’t matter to me, it’s not the answer that’s the most important thing, it’s the process of dancing… Smile
Back to top Go down
http://panendeism.web.officelive.com/default.aspx
CraigC

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: The Dance of Deism...   The Dance of Deism... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 3:30 pm

Couldn't agree more. And I'm a bad dancer, but I like trying to learn. Same for my understanding of Deism.
Back to top Go down
http://www.GodOnlineHome.com
The Paineful Truth

The Paineful Truth

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2007-09-19

PostSubject: Re: The Dance of Deism...   The Dance of Deism... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 6:33 am

Aaron wrote:
I was reading ‘The Dancing Wu Li Masters’, by Gary Zukav last knight and I came across this quote. I thought it was really cool.

Quote :
“Science” and “religion” are only dances, and those that follow them are dancers. The dancers may claim to know the “truth” or claim to seek “reality,” but the true love of all dancers is dancing…

I know that when it comes to theology and the nature of God and reality I very often find myself going in circles. The quote rings true to me because Deism often feels like a dance… A dance that doesn’t have an end. But that doesn’t matter to me, it’s not the answer that’s the most important thing, it’s the process of dancing… Smile

The search for Truth doesn't have an end either, but the process of its pursuit, like dancing, is nothing without a goal, even if that's only the love of dance or the pursuit of Truth. You don't go in circles, you move forward in your love of dance when you add to it, or whatever form(s) of Truth you choose to pursue.
Back to top Go down
kiwimac

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-05-25

PostSubject: Re: The Dance of Deism...   The Dance of Deism... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 7:49 am

That does explain why sometimes I feel like a Dervish!
Back to top Go down
Uriah

Uriah

Number of posts : 536
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: The Dance of Deism...   The Dance of Deism... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 1:24 pm

And in the end, all that matters is that we are alive to feel, to dance, and to think in the first place. Is there a god? Or is the universe just cold, dead, matter?

Why does it even matter?
Back to top Go down
Helium

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2007-09-14

PostSubject: Re: The Dance of Deism...   The Dance of Deism... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 6:14 pm

Quote :
Why does it even matter?

Just curious, I guess!
Back to top Go down
Aaron
Admin
Aaron

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: The Dance of Deism...   The Dance of Deism... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 11:35 am

Uriah wrote:
Is there a god? Or is the universe just cold, dead, matter?

Why does it even matter?

I guess it matters for the same reason that breathing matters, or eating matters, or sex matters, or friendship matters, or love matters or even death matters.

It seems that we and everything on earth have an eros or primordial urge to reach "higher" and experience as much of existence as possible.
Back to top Go down
http://panendeism.web.officelive.com/default.aspx
The Paineful Truth

The Paineful Truth

PostSubject: Re: The Dance of Deism...   The Dance of Deism... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 10:35 am

It gives us hope that we are not meaningless. If the universe is just cold dead matter, then so are we.
Back to top Go down
Uriah

Uriah

Number of posts : 536
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: The Dance of Deism...   The Dance of Deism... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 12:36 pm

The Paineful Truth wrote:
It gives us hope that we are not meaningless. If the universe is just cold dead matter, then so are we.

Exactly! I agree.
Back to top Go down
The Paineful Truth

The Paineful Truth

PostSubject: Re: The Dance of Deism...   The Dance of Deism... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 11:33 am

...with which?

That we have hope for a meaningful existence, or that we're just cold dead matter?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dance of Deism...   The Dance of Deism... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Dance of Deism...
Page 1 of 1