Panendeism.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panendeism.org

For the Promotion of Reason Based Spirituality...

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

American roots Deism

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Aaron
Admin
Aaron

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2007-01-24

American roots Deism Empty
PostSubject: American roots Deism   American roots Deism Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 2:07 pm

What do you think of this guy?

Back to top Go down
http://panendeism.web.officelive.com/default.aspx
Gnomon

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: American roots Deism   American roots Deism Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 10:02 pm

My first general impression was of an Anglican Theologian has who evolved beyond Institutional Theism to Humanistic Unitarianism, then to Universal Deism. It seems that some form of Deism may be the only viable worldview for those who are really familiar with Theology and Philosophy and Science. Deism is the only way I've found to reconcile these otherwise warring worldviews.

I have read that a high percentage of the clergy of mainstream Christian denominations are essentially Deistic in their understanding of God. I suspect that most remain in the closet though. Is this guy out, and still in the pulpit?
Back to top Go down
http://www.enformationism.info/
stretmediq

stretmediq

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: American roots Deism   American roots Deism Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 11:14 pm

Gnomon wrote:
My first general impression was of an Anglican Theologian has who evolved beyond Institutional Theism to Humanistic Unitarianism, then to Universal Deism. It seems that some form of Deism may be the only viable worldview for those who are really familiar with Theology and Philosophy and Science. Deism is the only way I've found to reconcile these otherwise warring worldviews.

I have read that a high percentage of the clergy of mainstream Christian denominations are essentially Deistic in their understanding of God. I suspect that most remain in the closet though. Is this guy out, and still in the pulpit?
Ditto
Back to top Go down
http://www.cafepress.com/newdeism
Uriah

Uriah

Number of posts : 536
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: American roots Deism   American roots Deism Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 11:50 pm

he said that what makes America great is that [we] tolerate all religions. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American roots Deism   American roots Deism Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

American roots Deism
Page 1 of 1