Panendeism.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panendeism.org

For the Promotion of Reason Based Spirituality...

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Symbol Idea

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
aristarkos

aristarkos

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-11-27

New Symbol Idea Empty
PostSubject: New Symbol Idea   New Symbol Idea Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 10:11 am

Greetings Smile

Nowhere have I seen reason and nature, the staples of Deism, come together so eliquently than with the Golden Ratio. As you may know, the Greek letter Phi is a symbol for the Golden Ratio and the Divine Proportion, based on the Fibonacci sequence. Fibonacci numbers are found in the leaf arrangements of plants, the patterns of florets in flowers, the bracts of pinecones, the scales of pineapples, and in many other places throughout nature. It's considered by some to be the signature of God. Before the big bang there was nothing; afterward, there was everything. Phi is described as a zero and a one, nothing and everything. The rays that I added to this lower-case Phi symbol are meant to represent enlightenment and make the symbol unique for Deism. The rays are triangles cut from golden rectangles. It looks like a flower which, of course, also connects with nature. There are other symbols that I like for American Deism like the one that looks like the reverse of the US Great Seal or the D from the Declaration of Independence. However, when considering global use, they may fall short. Any symbol based on the letter D doesn't work for countries that don't use the Latin alphabet. I offer this as an idea for a universal symbol for Deism.

New Symbol Idea PhiFlower
Back to top Go down
Aaron
Admin
Aaron

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2007-01-24

New Symbol Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Symbol Idea   New Symbol Idea Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 8:55 pm

I like it.

IMO Deism is too broad for any one symbol encompass what it's all about... It's like trying to create a symbol for Theism. It is pretty cool though. Nice job!
Back to top Go down
http://panendeism.web.officelive.com/default.aspx
Ninah

Ninah

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2007-09-07

New Symbol Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Symbol Idea   New Symbol Idea Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 8:58 am

Hey that would make a cool tattoo! Cool
Back to top Go down
aristarkos

aristarkos

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-11-27

New Symbol Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Symbol Idea   New Symbol Idea Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 1:41 pm

I don't know if anyone would be interested, but at the request of others I have set up some t-shirts at Cafe Press. http://www.cafepress.com/globaldeism

Also, a friend had the idea of a wooden pendant:
New Symbol Idea PhiFlowerPendant
It has a diameter of 2 1/4 inches. It's made in Wisconsin out of walnut wood and has a dark leather necklace. I'm going to buy a few of these for myself and some friends. The price could be about $20 to $25 each (plus tax and shipping) depending on how many I buy. So if anyone wants in let me know. Perhaps a private message would be appropriate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Symbol Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Symbol Idea   New Symbol Idea Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Symbol Idea
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Panendeism.org :: General Discussions :: Deism-
Jump to: