Panendeism.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panendeism.org

For the Promotion of Reason Based Spirituality...

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dealing with your own imperfections

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Aaron
Admin
Aaron

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2007-01-24

Dealing with your own imperfections Empty
PostSubject: Dealing with your own imperfections   Dealing with your own imperfections Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 12:16 am

None of us are perfect. We all do and say things and act in ways that often we are not proud of later. How do you deal with it when these situations arise? Do you think change is possible? Is it even preferred?
Back to top Go down
http://panendeism.web.officelive.com/default.aspx
michael1111

michael1111

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with your own imperfections   Dealing with your own imperfections Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 6:47 pm

i think if you feel offended by your own behaviour then change is necessary.

there are times i lose my cool. there are certain situations i don't deal well with. i do my best to see them coming so i can prevent a personal disaster...predicting the problem is the key for me Smile
Back to top Go down
Uriah

Uriah

Number of posts : 536
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with your own imperfections   Dealing with your own imperfections Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 11:23 pm

Nothing in the universe is perfect.
Back to top Go down
Gnomon

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with your own imperfections   Dealing with your own imperfections Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 6:52 pm

Quote :
Do you think change is possible?

I have a quote in my office from W. Edwards Deming, who taught Japanese businesses how to recover from the devastation of WWII, and ultimately to become second only to the US in national economic power, by being intolerant of imperfections (i.e. quality control). The quote implies that Evolution is not only a natural phenomenon, but also a cultural force.

<< It is not necessary to change.
Survival is not mandatory
>>
----W.E. Deming
Back to top Go down
http://www.enformationism.info/
Aaron
Admin
Aaron

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with your own imperfections   Dealing with your own imperfections Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 8:22 pm

Uriah wrote:

Yes but is it something that could or should be strived for?
Back to top Go down
http://panendeism.web.officelive.com/default.aspx
Uriah

Uriah

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with your own imperfections   Dealing with your own imperfections Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 10:00 am

Aaron wrote:
Uriah wrote:

Yes but is it something that could or should be strived for?

Yes, I suppose so - but only from that Lombardian sort of mindset: "Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."

I think if one gets too hung up on realizing perfection it only gets in the way of living, and this is especially true with ourselves and own maturation process as individuals. We have to be able to cut ourselves some slack and accept our human flaws, our imperfections, foibles, and failures. Because, after all, some of those things cannot be changed, they must simply be accepted.
Back to top Go down
Paul Anthony

Paul Anthony

Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2007-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with your own imperfections   Dealing with your own imperfections Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 2:36 am

Uriah wrote:
We have to be able to cut ourselves some slack and accept our human flaws, our imperfections, foibles, and failures.

I agree....but....

Uriah wrote:
after all, some of those things cannot be changed, they must simply be accepted.

...not with that part!

Once we accept that anything cannot be changed, we lose the will to change it. Accepting our helplessness is denying our true nature. We are creators.
Back to top Go down
http://www.voltairepress.com
Uriah

Uriah

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with your own imperfections   Dealing with your own imperfections Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 10:33 am

Paul Anthony wrote:
Uriah wrote:
We have to be able to cut ourselves some slack and accept our human flaws, our imperfections, foibles, and failures.

I agree....but....

Uriah wrote:
after all, some of those things cannot be changed, they must simply be accepted.

...not with that part!

Once we accept that anything cannot be changed, we lose the will to change it. Accepting our helplessness is denying our true nature. We are creators.

As I've gotten older I have discovered that sheer power of will can do little to change some things. For example, a person may be scared of heights - that doesn't mean they cannot climb mountains. It only means that in order to climb mountains they have to accept their fear, own it, and control it. The fear may never go away, they cannot will themselves to not be scared of heights - but that's not the point, the point is in accepting that fear, not denying it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with your own imperfections   Dealing with your own imperfections Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dealing with your own imperfections
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Panendeism.org :: General Discussions :: Open Discussion-
Jump to: