Panendeism.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panendeism.org

For the Promotion of Reason Based Spirituality...

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A fundamental Theory, and its 3 Fundamental Laws

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Aaron
Admin

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2007-01-24

A fundamental Theory, and its 3 Fundamental Laws - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A fundamental Theory, and its 3 Fundamental Laws   A fundamental Theory, and its 3 Fundamental Laws - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 8:49 pm

Arkain101 wrote:
BAAAH!!!

The power went out while I was constructing a post.. I hate that.. lol...

Now I don't have the patience to re-write it, so I will just compress it.

I was working on a principle:...

Sorry but I didn't really understand anything after the word principle. Think

And I thought Wilber's four quadrants were confusing. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://panendeism.web.officelive.com/default.aspx
Arkain101

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-06-10

PostSubject: Re: A fundamental Theory, and its 3 Fundamental Laws   A fundamental Theory, and its 3 Fundamental Laws - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 10:15 pm

Aaron wrote:
Arkain101 wrote:
BAAAH!!!

The power went out while I was constructing a post.. I hate that.. lol...

Now I don't have the patience to re-write it, so I will just compress it.

I was working on a principle:...

Sorry but I didn't really understand anything after the word principle. Think

And I thought Wilber's four quadrants were confusing. Very Happy

lol! Cheers!

Lets, imagine a spaceship.

Basically, you need a force to stop the ship. So, we imagine a set of rockets on the ship.

Momentum is the mass(weight) multiplied by the speed(velocity).

Lets say the ship is moving 100mph.

In order to stop, it needs to fire a force in the opposite direction. It turns out the amount of momentum the spaceship has as it is moving (relative to a location at rest of course) is the same amount of momentum that must be fired in the opposite direction to stop the ship.

After the ship has stopped, you can picture, the gas from the rockets, flying through space at a very high speed.

This is the conservation of momentum. The ship stops, but momentum can't be destroyed, it gets transfered to the exhaust gas.

It turns out that the 20lbs of exhaust gas, (if we were to capture it, and put it in a box) has the same amount of energy at the speed it is traveling (some 30,000mph) that the ship had moving only 100mph.
[This is the conservation of energy.]
NOTE: In the above case, the momentum is conserved entirely in the trajectory of the gas (assuming it travels in a strait line)

Now, if a ship tries to turn 90 degrees, it can do so without speeding up, or slowing down.

It only has to aim its exhaust perpendicular to the direction of travel.

It turns out that the amount of exhaust thrust required to accomplish this task is (in physics theory) precisely the same amount of thrust required to make the ship stop!

However, during a curved path, the exhaust gets shot out in different directions, as the turn progresses.... shooting out a wave of gas, as opposed to one stream.

After the turn is complete, the ship has not sped up or slowed down. And the exhaust gas is traveling in a 1/4 of a circle type of wave:

A fundamental Theory, and its 3 Fundamental Laws - Page 2 Quadrant

If we tried to capture all the gas, we would find that, because it is all traveling in different directions, we can not treat the total mass of all the gas as on object traveling in one line. Instead, we have to treat the momentum as a wave, traveling outwards, not as a particle, moving along a strait line (vector).

NOTE: In the above case, the momentum is conserved entirely in the trajectory of the ship (assuming it travels in a strait line)

If we tried to capture all of that gas and bring it to together at one point and put it in a box (to behave as one body of mass) we would find that we would have to stop the gas to bring it all together, and it would no longer contain any momentum.(for the most part), it would all remain in the ship.

(those ____\ shapes are arrows)

A fundamental Theory, and its 3 Fundamental Laws - Page 2 Quadrant_added

Therefore, everytime we turn the ship 90 degrees, a value of energy equal to the energy of the moving ship, is dispersed like a wave.

So:

*90 degree turn gives us an equal energy value of the moving object (factor of 1)

*180 degree turn gives us a energy value two times the moving object (factor of 2)....

*270dgrees = 3 times

*360dgrees = 4 times.

360 degrees equuals one full cycle, one full rotation.

One full rotation ejects a value of energy 4 times the value of the energy contained in the moving ship.

What is the energy of the moving ship?? you might ask?

Its how much work it can do, if it were to crash into something. Work is the amount of force that can be applied over a distance.

Because the speed of the ship never changes as it turns, its energy value remains the same, and the exhaust must eject the equal value of energy to make it turn 90 degrees.

therefore the full value of energy is devided into 90 degree chunks, or quadrants.

This principle (which is like a law that must be obeyed) should thus apply to even the nature of of the smallest objects in reality like atoms and electrons.

Althought I simplified this dramatically, since, in order for the ship to eject energy in the form of moving exhaust, it must lose mass.

Because of this things get more complicated..

Last edited by Arkain101 on Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gnomon

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: A fundamental Theory, and its 3 Fundamental Laws   A fundamental Theory, and its 3 Fundamental Laws - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 10:18 pm

Quote :
I've been trying to read your site from time to time but my internet (dialup) is having problems loading your page it takes awhile and seems to keep timing out.

I am interested to check it out, but its time consuming..

With all the graphics on every page, the site is not designed for dial-up connections. If you will allow time for the site to completely load though, and then bookmark it, your browser should store the data in a cache on your hard drive for quick retrieval next time you go to the site.
Back to top Go down
http://www.enformationism.info/
Arkain101

PostSubject: Re: A fundamental Theory, and its 3 Fundamental Laws   A fundamental Theory, and its 3 Fundamental Laws - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 10:25 pm

By the way, none of this (quadrant related stuff) has any intention of being related to:

Ken Wilber's "Integral Methodological Pluralism"

Its pure coincidence that we ended up posting quadrant related stuff. An interesting coincidence none the less. lol
Back to top Go down
Arkain101

PostSubject: Re: A fundamental Theory, and its 3 Fundamental Laws   A fundamental Theory, and its 3 Fundamental Laws - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 10:28 pm

Gnomon wrote:
Quote :
I've been trying to read your site from time to time but my internet (dialup) is having problems loading your page it takes awhile and seems to keep timing out.

I am interested to check it out, but its time consuming..

With all the graphics on every page, the site is not designed for dial-up connections. If you will allow time for the site to completely load though, and then bookmark it, your browser should store the data in a cache on your hard drive for quick retrieval next time you go to the site.

Right, I've been trying to allow it to do that. Although, its been having some problems keeping going..it tends to want to stop loading, maybe it has something to do with the audio.

I can do some adjustments (in my tcp/ip settings) so that it should load though.

And yea, I'll book it!
Back to top Go down
Gnomon

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: A fundamental Theory, and its 3 Fundamental Laws   A fundamental Theory, and its 3 Fundamental Laws - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 10:36 pm

Quote :
therefore the full value of energy is devided into 90 degree chunks, or quadrants.

All this Greek symbolism is over my little pointy head, but for the sake of continuing the dialogue, here's a few off-the-top-o-the-head questions :

Is this an established principle, or something you came up with yourself?

Are you saying that energy is inherently expressed as a quantum, rather than a continuum?

I assume that in the four cardinal values of a quadrant two opposing values would cancel out, leaving only two fundamental values : 1 or 0, or north/south and east/west.
Back to top Go down
http://www.enformationism.info/
Arkain101

PostSubject: Re: A fundamental Theory, and its 3 Fundamental Laws   A fundamental Theory, and its 3 Fundamental Laws - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 12:50 am

Gnomon wrote:
Quote :

All this Greek symbolism is over my little pointy head, but for the sake of continuing the dialogue, here's a few off-the-top-o-the-head questions :

Is this an established principle, or something you came up with yourself?

Are you saying that energy is inherently expressed as a quantum, rather than a continuum?

I assume that in the four cardinal values of a quadrant two opposing values would cancel out, leaving only two fundamental values : 1 or 0, or north/south and east/west.

I don't plan to take this topic in the direction of math or physics any further than I have.

I was just interested in sharing what area it is that I am working on at the moment.

I will be able to respond to your questions better after a little study.

study Suspect
Back to top Go down
Arkain101

PostSubject: Re: A fundamental Theory, and its 3 Fundamental Laws   A fundamental Theory, and its 3 Fundamental Laws - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 2:01 am

Aaron wrote:
Arkain101 wrote:
# Idealism / phenomenalism
# Neutral monism
# Physicalism / materialism

This made me think of Ken Wilber's "Integral Methodological Pluralism" which is a breakdown and categorization of all of the different ways of looking at and studying manifest reality.

A fundamental Theory, and its 3 Fundamental Laws - Page 2 Ishaq8-3

The chart is based on Wiber's holonic four quadrants model which looks like this.

A fundamental Theory, and its 3 Fundamental Laws - Page 2 Quadrants3

The theory is that reality is neither composed of individual parts or systemic wholes but instead what Arthur Koestler called holons or whole/parts.

Wilber took the idea of holons and made the observation that holons (such as animals) posses four basic attributes. An interior and an exterior and plural and singular attributes. The theory holds that any approach that doesn't take all of these attributes into account may hold some truth but will never hold the whole truth. This is basically Wilber's theory of theories.

Thanks for that, it is something I will definitely look into... Idea

new material, it never ends!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A fundamental Theory, and its 3 Fundamental Laws   A fundamental Theory, and its 3 Fundamental Laws - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A fundamental Theory, and its 3 Fundamental Laws
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2