Panendeism.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panendeism.org

For the Promotion of Reason Based Spirituality...

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Ultimate Reality"

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Aaron
Admin
Aaron

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2007-01-24

"Ultimate Reality" Empty
PostSubject: "Ultimate Reality"   "Ultimate Reality" Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 10:19 am

Do you believe that we are capable of understanding it all? Can we really "become one with the universe", or is true knowledge of the ultimate reality of things unattainable?
Back to top Go down
http://panendeism.web.officelive.com/default.aspx
Travis Clementsmith
Admin
Travis Clementsmith

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2007-03-30

"Ultimate Reality" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Ultimate Reality"   "Ultimate Reality" Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 1:10 pm

I think the contemplative aspect is a feeling of being one with everything, but that doesn't necessarily mean you "know" everything. And even if you did, you may not have the means of expressing it properly. So you may "know" as long as it stays in the eternal aspect, but when you try to translate it to the temporal it may lose quite a bit. When one attempts to copy the original it will never have all the qualities of the original and it may have qualities added that were never intended in the original.

But I think mostly what it has to do with is knowledge of our true self, and that that knowledge allows us to let go of fear.

-TC
Back to top Go down
Aaron
Admin
Aaron

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2007-01-24

"Ultimate Reality" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Ultimate Reality"   "Ultimate Reality" Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 4:15 pm

Travis Clementsmith wrote:
But I think mostly what it has to do with is knowledge of our true self, and that that knowledge allows us to let go of fear.

I agree but I think that some fear is rational and well founded. Perhaps "irrational" fear would be a better way to put it.
Back to top Go down
http://panendeism.web.officelive.com/default.aspx
Sam Borchon

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-04-23

"Ultimate Reality" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Ultimate Reality"   "Ultimate Reality" Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2007 10:21 pm

Aaron wrote:
Do you believe that we are capable of understanding it all?

No. And thank God for that!

Sam
Back to top Go down
kiwimac

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-05-25

"Ultimate Reality" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Ultimate Reality"   "Ultimate Reality" Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2007 1:49 am

Perhaps one day but not right now. I think we will only begin to get an accurate grasp on things when we are able to see the universe through eyes other than human ones.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

"Ultimate Reality" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Ultimate Reality"   "Ultimate Reality" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Ultimate Reality"
Page 1 of 1