Panendeism.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panendeism.org

For the Promotion of Reason Based Spirituality...

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How much time do you spend outdoors on average?

Go down 
+2
Uriah
Aaron
6 posters

More than 40 hours a week.
How much time do you spend outdoors on average? Vote_lcap50%How much time do you spend outdoors on average? Vote_rcap
 50% [ 2 ]
Between 20 and 40 hours a week.
How much time do you spend outdoors on average? Vote_lcap0%How much time do you spend outdoors on average? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Between 10 and 20 hours a week.
How much time do you spend outdoors on average? Vote_lcap0%How much time do you spend outdoors on average? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Less then 10 hours a week.
How much time do you spend outdoors on average? Vote_lcap50%How much time do you spend outdoors on average? Vote_rcap
 50% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
Aaron
Admin
Aaron

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2007-01-24

How much time do you spend outdoors on average? Empty
PostSubject: How much time do you spend outdoors on average?   How much time do you spend outdoors on average? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 10:45 am

As a deist and a naturalist I love to send time outdoors. I feel that it helps to get me in touch with nature and subsequently "the divine". Unfortunately I have a job that doesn't allow me to get out much and the office that I'm in doesn't even have windows. Usually when I get home from work it's a routine of eating supper, spending some precious time with my kids, giving them a bath, and then putting them to bed. By the time this is all done I have very little time or energy for outdoor activity. I recently realized that I probably spend about ten hours a week outside if I'm lucky.

I'm curious to know how much time on average you spend outdoors and do you think it's important to get outside on a regular basis?
Back to top Go down
http://panendeism.web.officelive.com/default.aspx
Uriah

Uriah

Number of posts : 536
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: How much time do you spend outdoors on average?   How much time do you spend outdoors on average? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 12:34 pm

I'm lucky, even though I took a substantial pay cut after I was laid off - I was an Escrow Manager who oversaw multimillion dollar construction jobs, now I am a pool service technician (Pool Boy Smile ) - So anyway, I am now working outside and not only that my work keeps me pretty much out in the more rural side of town.

As well, I am an avid camper and hiker. My front door is literally 9 miles from the Douglas Spring trail head that leads up into the Rincon Mountains via the Saguaro National Park. In the last 6 months since getting laid off I have gotten a tan, lost about 50 pounds, and felt the stress and anxiety literally wash away. I've even found my whole views on life changing. I used to go hiking just to escape the work-a-day world, now I find myself engaged in some very Tinker Creek-esque journey's of self discovery and spirituality. I've thought about writing it all down, maybe trying to pen my own Walden, or Tinker Creek.

So, anyway, back to your question - I spend probably more than 40 hours a week outside.
Back to top Go down
Gnomon

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: How much time do you spend outdoors on average?   How much time do you spend outdoors on average? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 8:23 pm

I am also a Naturalist of sorts.

The Monk* sort: I love nature as long as I don't get any on me. Yuk! Very Happy

*hypochondriac / naturephobic TV detective
Back to top Go down
http://www.enformationism.info/
Aaron
Admin
Aaron

PostSubject: Re: How much time do you spend outdoors on average?   How much time do you spend outdoors on average? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 12:34 pm

Uriah wrote:
I've thought about writing it all down, maybe trying to pen my own Walden, or Tinker Creek.

Care to share any of your musings?
Back to top Go down
Socinian

Socinian

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: How much time do you spend outdoors on average?   How much time do you spend outdoors on average? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 1:23 pm

Unfortunately, my wife has been suffering some rather serious illnesses of late, so we do not spend near as much time outdoors as we used to. We live within a couple hours drive from the Appalachian foothills, and, as such, have access to some very beautiful state parks and what-not. Both of us enjoy the outdoors immensely, and, hopefully, we will be able to begin enjoying God's handiwork more regularaly very soon.

There was a time when we were outdoors every weekend.

If I can find it, I will post a photo or two of what I refer to as my "Temple" for you to view.

in peace, Peace
Back to top Go down
Aaron
Admin
Aaron

PostSubject: Re: How much time do you spend outdoors on average?   How much time do you spend outdoors on average? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 2:25 pm

I hope your wife starts to feel better soon.

(Nice avatar BTW.)
Back to top Go down
Socinian

Socinian

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: How much time do you spend outdoors on average?   How much time do you spend outdoors on average? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 11:24 pm

It's a day to day thing with my wife, Aaron.

Some days are diamonds, and others are....well, less than diamonds. Truly, every day that I spend with her is a gift, though.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
stretmediq

stretmediq

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: How much time do you spend outdoors on average?   How much time do you spend outdoors on average? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 12:33 am

I hope she gets better Soc.

I love the outdoors. I work out of a truck and get to see all sorts of things. I've also done three kayak trips this summer and I want to try and get back into rock climbing and skydiving but I don't know if I'll be able to find the time. I guess I'll just have settle for walking around the neighborhood for now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cafepress.com/newdeism
Helium

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2007-09-14

PostSubject: Re: How much time do you spend outdoors on average?   How much time do you spend outdoors on average? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 3:00 pm

Headed for Algonquin Park for two days with my 10-year-old son. I used to camp and play sports a lot more when I was younger so I'm going the opposite direction as Uriah, unfortunately, but hopefully my reacquaintence with nature can get me rolling into more positive outdoor/excercise/sports mode.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much time do you spend outdoors on average?   How much time do you spend outdoors on average? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1