Panendeism.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panendeism.org

For the Promotion of Reason Based Spirituality...

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

God hates fags????

Go down 
+2
Aaron
Helium
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Helium

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2007-09-14

God hates fags???? Empty
PostSubject: God hates fags????   God hates fags???? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 12:40 am

I was quite disturbed after that tragic incident in Manitoba where a young man was stabbed and beheaded by an apparently deranged person on a Greyhound, to find that some Tennessee church was going to actually show up at the church with signs to back their belief that god caused it because he hates Canada because of some legislation we passed, I think the legislation permitting gay marriages.

But then when I went to the Westboro Baptist Church's website which goes by the url of godhatesfags.com, it kind of got my blood coagulating. According to these guys, Gods hates just about everything -- except them. Hmmm.

But then I remembered the serenity poem of not associating with black clouds, and had to agree why should I waste any of my valuable time on earth on these hatemongers.

Yeah, so don't know quite what the point of this new topic is.

I've forgotten it already, and I'm outta here on vacation for a week in a beautiful cottage on Lake Huron. My neighbour said there's a meteor shower at dusk Monday. So I'll be at the Lake looking at the stars, and not reading you guys!
Back to top Go down
Aaron
Admin
Aaron

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2007-01-24

God hates fags???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: God hates fags????   God hates fags???? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 9:38 am

Yes it's amazing the amount of hate and ignorance in this world.

The cottage sounds very relaxing! I'm envious! Have fun. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://panendeism.web.officelive.com/default.aspx
Uriah

Uriah

Number of posts : 536
Registration date : 2007-10-11

God hates fags???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: God hates fags????   God hates fags???? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 9:53 am

Yeah, Fred Phelps and Co. are definitely some first class A-holes.

The cottage does sound fun, take us a picture of a Sasquatch.
Back to top Go down
Lykos Minister

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-10-08

God hates fags???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: God hates fags????   God hates fags???? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:27 pm

Hello:

Fear feeds the hate. They don't understand, so they fear, and what most men fear, they hate. It's a vicious cycle.

When dressed in my grey clerical collar, and walking down the street, and I'm approached by a hate monger, I like to point out that (a) if God creates all things (even the devil), how can "He" hate them? And if (b) "He" didn't create all things, does that make "God" less potent than what "He" did NOT create?

Also: I like to point out that homosexuality is a natural phenomenon; it's nature's way of controlling overpopulation. (... that gets them to wondering!).
Back to top Go down
http://www.welcome.to/lykostemple
cclendenen

cclendenen

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-10-26

God hates fags???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: God hates fags????   God hates fags???? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 12:16 am

I am reminded of the story of two wolves:

An elder Cherokee Native American was teaching his grandchildren about life. He said to them, "A fight is going on inside me... it is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves.

One wolf represents fear, anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

The other stands for joy, peace, love, hope, sharing, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, friendship, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith.

This same fight is going on inside you, and inside every other person, too."

They thought about it for a minute and then one child asked his grandfather, "Which wolf will win?"

The old Cherokee simply replied... "The one you feed."

Here is a nice variation on the story.
Back to top Go down
http://naturesgod.org
Helium

God hates fags???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: God hates fags????   God hates fags???? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 4:11 am

ccl. Like that one. That's a good one.

Quote :
I like to point out that homosexuality is a natural phenomenon; it's nature's way of controlling overpopulation. (... that gets them to wondering!).
Lykos: I have a hard time with the logic of that Lykos. Cause it seems to me that homosexuality is a pretty constant 5 to 10 per cent of the population? And it doesn't seem to vary whether there's a ton of room for population or whether the population is stressed.

According to that theory, then, over many, many generations, if there was no stressor on population, then homosexuality should disappear, right, because overpopulation wouldn't be an issue, just like presumably in 3,567 years, our appendix will have disappeared Laughing

SOmehow though I don't think that would root out homosexuality.

That does not explain the presence of homosexuality in my books.
Back to top Go down
Uriah

Uriah

God hates fags???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: God hates fags????   God hates fags???? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 1:31 pm

Helium wrote:
ccl. Like that one. That's a good one.

Quote :
I like to point out that homosexuality is a natural phenomenon; it's nature's way of controlling overpopulation. (... that gets them to wondering!).
Lykos: I have a hard time with the logic of that Lykos. Cause it seems to me that homosexuality is a pretty constant 5 to 10 per cent of the population? And it doesn't seem to vary whether there's a ton of room for population or whether the population is stressed.

According to that theory, then, over many, many generations, if there was no stressor on population, then homosexuality should disappear, right, because overpopulation wouldn't be an issue, just like presumably in 3,567 years, our appendix will have disappeared Laughing

SOmehow though I don't think that would root out homosexuality.

I agree with you. It's a certainty that homosexuality is simply a natural part of the human species.
Back to top Go down
Gnomon

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2007-09-30

God hates fags???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: God hates fags????   God hates fags???? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 5:47 pm

Uriah wrote:
Helium wrote:

I agree with you. It's a certainty that homosexuality is simply a natural part of the human species.

The best explanation I've heard is that homosexuality is simply a natural aberration, like left-handedness. All natural processes, including the gestation of a fetus, have variations. Extreme variations from the norm usually result in the death of the fetus. But some minor "discrepancies"---such as the timing and duration of a testosterone pulse in the womb---are tolerated by the implacable judge of natural selection. The result of such variation is the statistical phenomenon of the Bell Curve. Real people don't fall into neat black & white pigeon-holes, such a "straight" or "gay". Instead we see a gradation from macho man, to metro-sexual, to bi-sexual, to flaming queen.

Homosexuality and left-handedness are both "abnormal" in the sense that less than 10% of the population fall into those categories. But they are not un-natural, because they both result from viable variations in natural processes. However, human societies are often less tolerant of such abnormalities than Mother Nature herself. "Lefties" and "fags" have been discriminated against by the majority in most human cultures throughout history. Why else do you think they call it "right vs wrong" instead of "left vs wrong"? Presumably, it's because the Left has been traditionally considered to be inherently weak and wrong---a mistake. Apparently the Bible writers merely reflected the prevailing cultural bias of their time, when they labeled homosexuality as a perverted sin against God and Nature.

There may be some compensations for the social curse though. Both lefties and homos tend to be over-represented among the ranks of talent and genius. Scientists see the correlation, but can't be sure if the curse and the blessing stem from the same biological "abnormalities". Remember, genius is also an aberration from the norm.
Back to top Go down
http://www.enformationism.info/
Uriah

Uriah

God hates fags???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: God hates fags????   God hates fags???? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 8:32 pm

Well said.
Back to top Go down
Lykos Minister

God hates fags???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: God hates fags????   God hates fags???? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 11:36 pm

Helium,

Perhaps I misspoke… I'm not scientifically certain exactly why it happens. Perhaps it started genetically to interject some randomosity into the breeding population. All researchers are certain of is it appears to have nothing to do with environmental parameters.

Of course, the current research on the subject does show that the hypothalamus of "gay" persons are distinctly different than those who are strictly heterosexual. Also, according to this Swedish study also shows that the hypothalamus of someone who is a confirmed transsexual is distinctly similar to the one of a sysgendered person of their "chosen" gender. It's fascinating, really…

We'll never know until we know more, will we? In the meantime, I love intelligent discourse…..
Back to top Go down
Lykos Minister

God hates fags???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: God hates fags????   God hates fags???? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 12:06 am

cclendenen

I very much like what you have given me. Leave it to you to show me a way to tell people how foolish their hatreds are.

And thank you for the link; when I end up with a website, I'll use that link online.

Rev. Shaun "KC" Hunter
Lykos Temple ULC
North Hollywood, CA
818-301-4476

cclendenen wrote:
I am reminded of the story of two wolves:

An elder Cherokee Native American was teaching his grandchildren about life. He said to them, "A fight is going on inside me... it is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves.

One wolf represents fear, anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

The other stands for joy, peace, love, hope, sharing, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, friendship, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith.

This same fight is going on inside you, and inside every other person, too."

They thought about it for a minute and then one child asked his grandfather, "Which wolf will win?"

The old Cherokee simply replied... "The one you feed."

Here is a nice variation on the story.
Back to top Go down
Helium

God hates fags???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: God hates fags????   God hates fags???? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 1:08 am

Quote :
Real people don't fall into neat black & white pigeon-holes, such a "straight" or "gay". Instead we see a gradation from macho man, to metro-sexual, to bi-sexual, to flaming queen.

Yeah, that's a very important point.

Quote :
I'm not scientifically certain exactly why it happens. Perhaps it started genetically to interject some randomosity into the breeding population. All researchers are certain of is it appears to have nothing to do with environmental parameters.
Yeah, good points.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

God hates fags???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: God hates fags????   God hates fags???? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

God hates fags????
Page 1 of 1