Panendeism.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panendeism.org

For the Promotion of Reason Based Spirituality...

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bill Maher - On Religion Documentary

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Aaron
Admin
Aaron

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2007-01-24

Bill Maher - On Religion Documentary Empty
PostSubject: Bill Maher - On Religion Documentary   Bill Maher - On Religion Documentary Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 10:27 am

There aren't that many people out there willing to speak as frankly about religion as Bill Maher. These are a couple of pretty good videos.

I like how in this one he says that he believes in god, just not in religion.
Back to top Go down
http://panendeism.web.officelive.com/default.aspx
Aaron
Admin
Aaron

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Bill Maher - On Religion Documentary   Bill Maher - On Religion Documentary Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 10:36 am

Here's a quote of his that I really like...

Quote :
“One way you could perceive the afterlife, and the difference from this life, is life on Earth is filled with all sorts of dualities,” he explains. “It’s fractured. Everything is fractured. There’s man and woman. There’s past and present. There’s good and bad, heaven and hell, what you have and what you want. Everything is a duality, and that causes all the tension and pain in life.

“And, once in a while in life, when you kind of square that circle and make it something unified, when giving is receiving, when you feel like, ‘Oh, the greatest gift is that I gave to you,’ that is sort of touching the edge of heaven there,” he says. “When lust and love are completely aligned, when your work is your play. Whenever you’re squaring these dualities, that, to me, is a little taste of what a successful bridging of the afterlife might be.”
Back to top Go down
http://panendeism.web.officelive.com/default.aspx
Paul Anthony

Paul Anthony

Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2007-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Bill Maher - On Religion Documentary   Bill Maher - On Religion Documentary Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 12:05 am

hey, I like the guy, but where does he get off stealing my line?

"I DO believe in God, I just don't believe in Religion - and I don't think God does, either".

(Maybe he read my book?) Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.voltairepress.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bill Maher - On Religion Documentary   Bill Maher - On Religion Documentary Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bill Maher - On Religion Documentary
Page 1 of 1