Panendeism.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panendeism.org

For the Promotion of Reason Based Spirituality...

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

States of Consciousness

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Aaron
Admin
Aaron

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2007-01-24

States of Consciousness Empty
PostSubject: States of Consciousness   States of Consciousness Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2007 10:34 am

Do you think that the states of consciousness "move up" from Gross to Subtle to Causal, etc... or do you think that these are just "different" states of consciousness?
Back to top Go down
http://panendeism.web.officelive.com/default.aspx
Travis Clementsmith
Admin
Travis Clementsmith

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: States of Consciousness   States of Consciousness Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 10:38 pm

My theory is that the Self or Proleptic Urge, whatever one wants to call it, experiences all three of the major states at once. But the key is in construction with those states. I think it actually takes quite a bit of energy to sustain a gross form. Because it takes so much energy, the subtle and causal states are ignored for a better lack of term.

The Self/PU cannot sustain the energy to maintain the gross/waking construction and so we tire and fall asleep. Moving from wake to sleep is simply the Self/PU recharging to be able to sustain the gross construction. It keeps the "blueprints" in the subtle realm while the "source energy" is in the causal. It gets refreshed in the causal, looks at its blueprints in the subtle, and reconstitutes in the gross form through "waking up".

Now, I don't mean to imply there is no gross form, or that it dissipates. Only the Self/UP's association does. Its proud of its construction and searches for ways to maintain it indefinitely because it has not learned to identify it's Self with it's subtle or causal bodies. That, I think, is the illusion. It believes the subtle and causal are places for materials, rather than aspects of its own grander body.

How's that for way out there! geek
Back to top Go down
Aaron
Admin
Aaron

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: States of Consciousness   States of Consciousness Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2007 10:50 am

I think that's an interesting take on it. Cool... Cool
Back to top Go down
http://panendeism.web.officelive.com/default.aspx
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: States of Consciousness   States of Consciousness Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

States of Consciousness
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Panendeism.org :: Panendeism Discussions :: Integral Panendeism Forum-
Jump to: