Panendeism.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panendeism.org

For the Promotion of Reason Based Spirituality...

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"I'm In Search of Myself..."

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lykos Minister

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-10-08

"I'm In Search of Myself..." Empty
PostSubject: "I'm In Search of Myself..."   "I'm In Search of Myself..." Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 4:56 pm

... have you seen me anywhere?

I know what I believe, but I'm not certain what to call it. I used to cheat by saying it's an alien philosophy (really!), but now I feel strongly that this is a religion whose time has come… again. While I know there is a universal (and more-than-universal) abiding Force which (as Geo. Lucas had once said "an energy field that pervades, binds [etc.]," but also that there are forces & spirits (and inertial forces, too) that also have an effect on the universe-at-large. These forces move and arrest the overall universe(s_, but with no more concern than a predatory group has for the lives of adeer herd (i.e.: they really couldn't care less until they come in contact with it (to avoid it, or to bring one down for food). The Laws of this religion are randomicity itself; it depends on the situation and the components of the situation. Ie: chaos & order derive from and combine together to form Itself. That is why I say: Balance is the key …

I'm not the analytical type; but I want to be able to explain it in some way. Why do I want a church? Because I feel that the greatest purpose of a church is to create & support community for beneficial purpose (programs, classes etc. to foster a continuing atmosphere of community [that's probably enough for now….].

Can anybody here help me? I need a "third party" analysis here (you could PM me privately, if this isn't an appropriate forum for this question, but I'll appreciate any help I can get. Thank you.

May You Walk the Way of the Wolf;
Balance is the key …..

Reverend Shaun K. Hunter
Lykos Temple ULC
North Hollywood, CA 91606
TEL: 818-301-4476
FAX: 818-301-4477
lykostemple@yahoo.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.welcome.to/lykostemple
Aaron
Admin
Aaron

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: "I'm In Search of Myself..."   "I'm In Search of Myself..." Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 5:09 pm

Your theology (or deology) sounds very compatible with Panendeism which is really just a broad category of belief like Monotheism or Atheism are and not a religion in and of itself.

There is a member of the Deist Alliance that is attempting to start an online deist church. I don't know if that would interest you at all but this is a link to his website: http://naturesgod.org/index.html
Back to top Go down
http://panendeism.web.officelive.com/default.aspx
Lykos Minister

PostSubject: Re: "I'm In Search of Myself..."   "I'm In Search of Myself..." Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 2:38 pm

Greetings:

I have now been to his website, and he seems on a similar pathway. I shall email him, and (if I can), will post something in his blog. Thank you very much for the suggestion; I don't know if I would have found it otherwise.

I'm ordained through Universal Life; their parameters are wide enough to allow for me to "invade." One thing: many people feel "fulfilled" in a generic "ceremonial celebration" of the seasons' passing ... a nonspecific pago-religious symbology. If you strip the names & descriptions from general natureceremonies, they can be very spiritual without worship. I have developed such, and plan to use them (again, it's spiritual ceremony without worship). People observe and approach to find out what's "going on," and I'm more than happy to explain.

One of the tenets of Lykos Temple will be to explain that "nothing's required." It's only a suggestion, to encourage discovery & community (togetherness). The seasons come and go; nature is happening, whether we "believe" or not.

Well, there I go again: explaining myself. That's enough for now...
Back to top Go down
Aaron
Admin
Aaron

PostSubject: Re: "I'm In Search of Myself..."   "I'm In Search of Myself..." Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 4:05 pm

Lykos Minister wrote:
One of the tenets of Lykos Temple will be to explain that "nothing's required." It's only a suggestion, to encourage discovery & community (togetherness). The seasons come and go; nature is happening, whether we "believe" or not.

Sounds good to me. Smile

FWI, the owner of that site is a member here who goes by the name cclendenen.
Back to top Go down
Uriah

Uriah

Number of posts : 536
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: "I'm In Search of Myself..."   "I'm In Search of Myself..." Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 7:15 pm

Lykos Minister wrote:
... have you seen me anywhere?

I know what I believe, but I'm not certain what to call it. I used to cheat by saying it's an alien philosophy (really!), but now I feel strongly that this is a religion whose time has come… again. While I know there is a universal (and more-than-universal) abiding Force which (as Geo. Lucas had once said "an energy field that pervades, binds [etc.]," but also that there are forces & spirits (and inertial forces, too) that also have an effect on the universe-at-large. These forces move and arrest the overall universe(s_, but with no more concern than a predatory group has for the lives of adeer herd (i.e.: they really couldn't care less until they come in contact with it (to avoid it, or to bring one down for food). The Laws of this religion are randomicity itself; it depends on the situation and the components of the situation. Ie: chaos & order derive from and combine together to form Itself. That is why I say: Balance is the key …

I'm not the analytical type; but I want to be able to explain it in some way. Why do I want a church? Because I feel that the greatest purpose of a church is to create & support community for beneficial purpose (programs, classes etc. to foster a continuing atmosphere of community [that's probably enough for now….].

Can anybody here help me? I need a "third party" analysis here (you could PM me privately, if this isn't an appropriate forum for this question, but I'll appreciate any help I can get. Thank you.

May You Walk the Way of the Wolf;
Balance is the key …..

Reverend Shaun K. Hunter
Lykos Temple ULC
North Hollywood, CA 91606
TEL: 818-301-4476
FAX: 818-301-4477
lykostemple@yahoo.com

I find your usage of "Lykos" to be a particularly poetic choice of words. I'm not certain most modern people will understand the Greek context of Lykos, and how very much it resembles something of the Tao. Nonetheless, I like your usage of it - very nice! Good luck with your endeavors
Back to top Go down
cclendenen

cclendenen

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: "I'm In Search of Myself..."   "I'm In Search of Myself..." Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 1:24 am

Lykos Minister wrote:
Greetings:

I have now been to his website, and he seems on a similar pathway. I shall email him, and (if I can), will post something in his blog. Thank you very much for the suggestion; I don't know if I would have found it otherwise.
An interesting proposition! Email me, and we'll talk about it. I would enjoy having a guest contributor.

Quote :

I'm ordained through Universal Life; their parameters are wide enough to allow for me to "invade." One thing: many people feel "fulfilled" in a generic "ceremonial celebration" of the seasons' passing ... a nonspecific pago-religious symbology. If you strip the names & descriptions from general natureceremonies, they can be very spiritual without worship. I have developed such, and plan to use them (again, it's spiritual ceremony without worship). People observe and approach to find out what's "going on," and I'm more than happy to explain.
I would like to hear more. My wife is Wiccan, so natural practices in concert with the seasons is very familiar.

Quote :

Back to top Go down
http://naturesgod.org
Lykos Minister

PostSubject: Re: "I'm In Search of Myself..."   "I'm In Search of Myself..." Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 11:32 pm

cclendenen

You bet… should I include a sample of some ideas of mine? Have you seen the Fellowship of the Earth group that actually operates out of the ULC Modesto church? I think that's tremendous; it's nice to know that they're open-minded enough to encourage this kind of fellowship.

Pity you're so far from So. Calif.; I'd like to meet in person. By the way, I'm going to meet with people in a public place, for questions, etc. That's why I include my general location, my e-phone number (it cross-connects to my home number. I figure "why not?" it's only $7.95/month.

Thanks to everyone, by the way, for your words of support and encouragement; I really appreciate them. I'm going to try working with problem children & teens; they seem to need so much understanding, if nothing else. Question: how many people here try to do such things, even if secularly? Do people seem to downplay your attempts to help others because they trivialize your belief/convictions?

Conviction seems a better word than "belief." I like it much more.
Back to top Go down
Uriah

Uriah

Number of posts : 536
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: "I'm In Search of Myself..."   "I'm In Search of Myself..." Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 12:39 am

Right now I'm finishing by BA in Humanities, but I've done some volunteer work with some local Social Work, and State, Agencies. I did so because I am considering pursuing a Masters in Social Work and wanted to get a feel for the work. I really enjoyed it, it was definitely eye-opening (even for a die-hard cynic like myself), but contrary to feeding my negative feelings about society it actually had quite the opposite effect. Because even though I was privy to some horrible stuff, I saw lots and lots of good people who worked their asses off to provide help, advocacy, support, and justice for so many. It's amazing how little effort it actually takes to reach out, so many - including myself at one time - think that there's just too much negativity to ever mitigate. And that's true when you look at the world as a whole, but on the community level there is so much good that can be done with just simple gestures. Good luck with yours!
Back to top Go down
cclendenen

cclendenen

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: "I'm In Search of Myself..."   "I'm In Search of Myself..." Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 12:42 am

Lykos Minister wrote:
cclendenen

You bet… should I include a sample of some ideas of mine? Have you seen the Fellowship of the Earth group that actually operates out of the ULC Modesto church? I think that's tremendous; it's nice to know that they're open-minded enough to encourage this kind of fellowship.
Yes, send some ideas. I had not seen the Fellowship of the Earth Group. It looks like Wicca to me. Certainly nothing wrong with that. I live with one.

Quote :

Pity you're so far from So. Calif.; I'd like to meet in person. By the way, I'm going to meet with people in a public place, for questions, etc. That's why I include my general location, my e-phone number (it cross-connects to my home number. I figure "why not?" it's only $7.95/month.

Thanks to everyone, by the way, for your words of support and encouragement; I really appreciate them. I'm going to try working with problem children & teens; they seem to need so much understanding, if nothing else. Question: how many people here try to do such things, even if secularly? Do people seem to downplay your attempts to help others because they trivialize your belief/convictions?

Conviction seems a better word than "belief." I like it much more.
I've traveled all over. Our paths may cross some day. Be sure to email me.
Back to top Go down
http://naturesgod.org
Aaron
Admin
Aaron

PostSubject: Re: "I'm In Search of Myself..."   "I'm In Search of Myself..." Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 10:17 am

Uriah wrote:
Right now I'm finishing by BA in Humanities, but I've done some volunteer work with some local Social Work, and State, Agencies. I did so because I am considering pursuing a Masters in Social Work and wanted to get a feel for the work. I really enjoyed it, it was definitely eye-opening (even for a die-hard cynic like myself), but contrary to feeding my negative feelings about society it actually had quite the opposite effect. Because even though I was privy to some horrible stuff, I saw lots and lots of good people who worked their asses off to provide help, advocacy, support, and justice for so many. It's amazing how little effort it actually takes to reach out, so many - including myself at one time - think that there's just too much negativity to ever mitigate. And that's true when you look at the world as a whole, but on the community level there is so much good that can be done with just simple gestures. Good luck with yours!

You know what they say... Think globally, act locally.
Back to top Go down
Lykos Minister

PostSubject: Re: "I'm In Search of Myself..."   "I'm In Search of Myself..." Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 9:20 pm

Everyone:

New web "redirect address:"

This goes to a "single page" book of positions, parameters, and papers on the Temple. I will soon create a Proboards forum so people can meet, discuss (& cuss) within the Temple.

Let me know what you think... and feel.
Back to top Go down
Aaron
Admin
Aaron

PostSubject: Re: "I'm In Search of Myself..."   "I'm In Search of Myself..." Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 9:55 pm

Looks like a lot of information. I'll give it a better look later.
Back to top Go down
Lykos Minister

PostSubject: Re: "I'm In Search of Myself..."   "I'm In Search of Myself..." Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 2:55 am

Aaron,

I'm sorry; it's the whole "book." It's not a "Bible," and probably I should have split it up into passages, but it's a web site, not a book with pages & chapters.

So,one thing just led to another…. I've been writing and editing it since 1981, when I first got the idea to put my many & various notes together.

For most of its life, the Lykos information was called PanDeism ("pan" for "panentheism," and "deism" for rational religion. At first, I listened to the critics that told me, "There's no room for another wacko religion." "You worship nothing; who wants to do that?" "You'll always be small & insignificant. Why bother?" "Don't be like Scientology with your sci-fi religion… give it up."

But I couldn't give it up … the world is so messed up; somebody's "gotta do something'." I'm very happy that Universal Life turned out to be a lot more helpful than I had at first thought. I was even happier when I discovered words that described something that I recognized.

So: read it at your leisure… it's there to stay; it won't be going anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "I'm In Search of Myself..."   "I'm In Search of Myself..." Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"I'm In Search of Myself..."
Page 1 of 1