Panendeism.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panendeism.org

For the Promotion of Reason Based Spirituality...

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Rookie Seeker

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mechajutaro

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2010-05-17

The Rookie  Seeker Empty
PostSubject: The Rookie Seeker   The Rookie  Seeker Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 12:05 pm

Thoroughly dismayed that pandeism had been included without it's descendant philosophy, taking matters into my own hands proved irresistible:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=panendeism

Being fairly new to the fold, it seems wise to request feedback; so, how'd I do Embarassed Hello
Back to top Go down
Uriah

Uriah

Number of posts : 536
Registration date : 2007-10-11

The Rookie  Seeker Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rookie Seeker   The Rookie  Seeker Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 7:57 pm

Well, no one should expect concise, factual, and academically legitimate definitions from urban dictionary. That site is basically just a troll tool.

That being said, you did fine. Now watch people downvote it because it's not funny or offensive.
Back to top Go down
Mechajutaro

The Rookie  Seeker Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rookie Seeker   The Rookie  Seeker Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 9:36 am

Uriah wrote:
Well, no one should expect concise, factual, and academically legitimate definitions from urban dictionary. That site is basically just a troll tool.

That being said, you did fine. Now watch people downvote it because it's not funny or offensive.

Hey now, if we don't light a fire our barbecue runs the risk of being little more than a joke(Mozi, anyone?), an unfunny one at that No study
Back to top Go down
Aaron
Admin
Aaron

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2007-01-24

The Rookie  Seeker Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rookie Seeker   The Rookie  Seeker Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 3:17 pm

I think you did a pretty good job but when it comes to defining something as broad as Panendeism I prefer something that’s a little more simple like;
    Panendeism: Literally means “all in god”, is the belief in a deist god that transcends but includes the universe.

Now my personal definition would replace "the universe" with "manifest existence", but I doubt most people would know what that means.
Back to top Go down
http://panendeism.web.officelive.com/default.aspx
Mechajutaro

The Rookie  Seeker Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rookie Seeker   The Rookie  Seeker Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 8:02 am

"manifest existence", but I doubt most people would know what that means.

Count me in Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Aaron
Admin
Aaron

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2007-01-24

The Rookie  Seeker Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rookie Seeker   The Rookie  Seeker Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 9:20 am

Mechajutaro wrote:
"manifest existence", but I doubt most people would know what that means.

Count me in Embarassed

I don't know if he originated it but it's a conscept that I became aware of through the works of Alfred N. Whitehead. It basically means "everything that is or ever was" including material existance and subjective and intersubjective experience.
Back to top Go down
http://panendeism.web.officelive.com/default.aspx
Sponsored content

The Rookie  Seeker Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rookie Seeker   The Rookie  Seeker Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Rookie Seeker
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Panendeism.org :: Panendeism Discussions :: General Panendeism Forum-
Jump to: