Panendeism.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panendeism.org

For the Promotion of Reason Based Spirituality...

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dark Energy = Diminishing Drag

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gnomon

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2007-09-30

Dark Energy = Diminishing Drag Empty
PostSubject: Dark Energy = Diminishing Drag   Dark Energy = Diminishing Drag Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 1:20 pm

This is a post from the Positive Deism forum. My "sudden insight" didn't elicit any comment. So I ask again : "it couldn't be this simple; what am I missing?"

Dark Energy and Dark Matter are anomalies : new observations that don't fit our existing paradigm. But, not to worry, such fascinating challenges are what drive Science forward.

From the perspective of the Enformationism thesis, I predict that these two mysteries will eventually be defined as novel forms of generic Information---the stuff that matter and energy are made of.

Spur-of-the-moment-speculation : Dark Energy seems to be like the outward-expanding momentum imparted to matter by the Big Bang. But, unlike Newton's steady-as-she-goes Inertia, its velocity appears to be accelerating. The source of that "extra" energy could be as simple as the diminishing drag of mutual gravity, as all the space between all the matter in the universe inflates. Since the "force" of gravity diminishes as the square of the distance between objects, it stands to reason that the resistance to expansion would decrease by a similar factor. No?

But that's just an uneducated guess. I know just enough about the subject to be dangerous. Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.enformationism.info/
Aaron
Admin
Aaron

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2007-01-24

Dark Energy = Diminishing Drag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Energy = Diminishing Drag   Dark Energy = Diminishing Drag Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 9:59 pm

I have no idea what it is. You could be right. Dark Energy = Diminishing Drag Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
http://panendeism.web.officelive.com/default.aspx

Dark Energy = Diminishing Drag
Page 1 of 1