Panendeism.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panendeism.org

For the Promotion of Reason Based Spirituality...

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Personal God ?

Go down 
+3
Ninah
Aaron
Mechajutaro
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
michael1111

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2007-06-22

A Personal  God ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Personal God ?   A Personal  God ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 12:02 pm

and yet God is a word.

maybe the word. Think
Back to top Go down
Uriah

Uriah

Number of posts : 536
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: A Personal God ?   A Personal  God ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 3:07 pm

It's a word to define a specific cultural, and/or theological, concept. People inject a lot of emotional nonsense into the word, and then regard it as being numinous and powerful. They fail to recognize that all the numinosity and power in the word "God" is what they themselves put there, or allowed to be assigned to it for them.

The fact remains that there is no such thing as what any human being has ever conceptualized as God, the fact that a human being imagined it (whatever it is: Jesus, Kali, The Great Chain of Being, Quetzalcoatl, etc...) precludes it from being God. For if God could be fully conceptualized by the human mind it would no longer be God. It would just be an abstraction... which it already is.
Back to top Go down
michael1111

michael1111

PostSubject: Re: A Personal God ?   A Personal  God ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 3:20 pm

i do agree with that, but what if language itself is God? word of god. what if the scale could be understood, just not what is being measured? because the beauty of god as language is that it could never be defined, but is only definitions. we all have the ability to speak and therefore experience god, but the arrangement we choose to express it is different and the more orderly the more it leads to chaos.

it's why i think that god is the question why- because i think all language seeks to answer it.
Back to top Go down
Uriah

Uriah

PostSubject: Re: A Personal God ?   A Personal  God ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 3:26 pm

michael1111 wrote:
i do agree with that, but what if language itself is God? word of god. what if the scale could be understood, just not what is being measured? because the beauty of god as language is that it could never be defined, but is only definitions. we all have the ability to speak and therefore experience god, but the arrangement we choose to express it is different and the more orderly the more it leads to chaos.

it's why i think that god is the question why- because i think all language seeks to answer it.

In the sense that both God and language are abstract tools invented by humans to give meaning to the universe around them, then I agree.
Back to top Go down
michael1111

michael1111

PostSubject: Re: A Personal God ?   A Personal  God ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 3:27 pm

well we could be abstract tools, too! lol Smile
Back to top Go down
Uriah

Uriah

PostSubject: Re: A Personal God ?   A Personal  God ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 3:42 pm

I'm not a solipsist.
Back to top Go down
michael1111

michael1111

PostSubject: Re: A Personal God ?   A Personal  God ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 3:19 am

that's what i say.
Back to top Go down
Uriah

Uriah

PostSubject: Re: A Personal God ?   A Personal  God ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 11:55 am

michael1111 wrote:
that's what i say.

cheers
Back to top Go down
driver

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: A Personal God ?   A Personal  God ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 8:51 pm

He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors. Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
Aaron
Admin
Aaron

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: A Personal God ?   A Personal  God ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 10:33 am

Very true.
Back to top Go down
http://panendeism.web.officelive.com/default.aspx
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Personal God ?   A Personal  God ? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Personal God ?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2