Panendeism.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panendeism.org

For the Promotion of Reason Based Spirituality...

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Modern Kosher Food Movement

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Aaron
Admin
Aaron

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2007-01-24

Modern Kosher Food Movement Empty
PostSubject: Modern Kosher Food Movement   Modern Kosher Food Movement Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 3:41 pm

I define religion as relating to a spiritual practice that is often formalized and passed on memetically through culture and society (but it doesn’t necessarily have to be). Over the last year or so I’ve been much more interested in the praxis (or practice) aspect of my spirituality than the theory aspect and in this way have been developing my own personal religious practice.

Like the theory that often inspires spiritual practice, religion often becomes overly dogmatic, codified, and immutable. I don’t think that needs to be the case however provided one stays open minded and engaged in the world of knowledge.

A couple of examples of what I’m talking about are the Kosher food movement or the fish on Friday movement. Those are examples of religious practices that served a valid role in their time and place, and still often do, but for the most part are outdated and/or could use some serious updating.

To make a long story short, I think that we need some form of a modern Kosher food movement, one that meets the existential problems that we face today, one that is utterly voluntary, one that is dynamic, and one that is scientifically based rather than dogmatically based.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
Back to top Go down
http://panendeism.web.officelive.com/default.aspx
Gnomon

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Modern Kosher Food Movement   Modern Kosher Food Movement Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 12:47 pm

The "Organic Food" movement seems to be a modern Kosher approach to nutrition for body and soul. There is definitely a moral tone to it. And some adherents are self-righteously judgmental about contaminated or "impure" Industrial foods.
Back to top Go down
http://www.enformationism.info/
Aaron
Admin
Aaron

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Modern Kosher Food Movement   Modern Kosher Food Movement Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 12:32 am

I think the "Organic Food" movement is as much of a marketing ploy as it is a science of eating. I'd like to see a system that tracks the food system from seed to... septic tank?...
Back to top Go down
http://panendeism.web.officelive.com/default.aspx
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modern Kosher Food Movement   Modern Kosher Food Movement Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Modern Kosher Food Movement
Page 1 of 1