Panendeism.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panendeism.org

For the Promotion of Reason Based Spirituality...

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Requiem for the Age of Oil

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aaron
Admin
Aaron

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2007-01-24

Requiem for the Age of Oil Empty
PostSubject: Requiem for the Age of Oil   Requiem for the Age of Oil Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 11:14 pm

I spotted this in an interview with Elza Maalouf, CEO of the Center for Human Emergence-Middle East...
Quote :
There are a couple of things that are changing all over the Muslim world that I think will continue to accelerate in the near future. One is that oil is dying, and the Obama administration is focusing on the development of new energy technologies. This will no doubt push oil-rich countries to look for other ways to enrich themselves. I'm seeing this trend in Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, and even Iraq. They are starting to focus on developing people. This is particularly important for Gen Y. In the Arab world, sixty percent of the population is under the age of twenty-five. They are educated, intelligent, innovative, and globally connected. They are the unused resource in Middle Eastern and Muslim countries.

It's interesting to think about how "peak oil" might effect the way people throughout the world live. Might the middle east become the next far east?
Back to top Go down
http://panendeism.web.officelive.com/default.aspx

Requiem for the Age of Oil
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Panendeism.org :: General Discussions :: Science, Nature and Sustainable Living-
Jump to: