Panendeism.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panendeism.org

For the Promotion of Reason Based Spirituality...

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Polyface Farms

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Aaron
Admin
Aaron

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2007-01-24

Polyface Farms Empty
PostSubject: Polyface Farms   Polyface Farms Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 4:18 pm

Over the past few years I've been on a journey of spiritual discovery. At first I spent a lot of time reading and studying about scientific and metaphysical theories of existence like those written by Steven Hawking and Paul Davies. From there I moved on to philosophy, starting with western philosophers like Kant and branching out from there. After that my interests took me toward eastern philosophy and the Integralism of Ken Wilber.

Last year I began focusing more heavily on putting all of this theory into practice (see Integral Life Practice section of this forum). This has been a work in progress and as I have progressed, the practical has informed and changed my opinions on the theoretical side of things (including but not limited to political views). During this time sustainability has become of major importance to me. One of the major problems that I've faced recently is answering the question of just what is sustainable and how do I actually incorporate that into my existing life?

In an attempt to answer that question, recently I have begun paying more attention to things like land use, and not only what I eat, but how I eat, and how and where the food I eat is produced.

Anyway, to make a long story short, the people at this farm seem to have some good answers to many parts of this question...
Quote :
Polyface, Inc. is a family owned, multi-generational, pasture-based, beyond organic, local-market farm and informational outreach in Virginia's Shenandoah Valley.

We are in the redemption business: healing the land, healing the food, healing the economy, and healing the culture. Writing, speaking, and farm tours offer various message venues.

Experience the satisfaction of knowing your food and your farmer, building community. We are your clean meat connection.
http://www.polyfacefarms.com/default.aspx
Back to top Go down
http://panendeism.web.officelive.com/default.aspx
Aaron
Admin
Aaron

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2007-01-24

Polyface Farms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polyface Farms   Polyface Farms Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 11:54 pm

This is an interesting lecture on many levels by author Michael Pollan that's related to this topic.