Panendeism.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panendeism.org

For the Promotion of Reason Based Spirituality...

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question about my friend's belief

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cherokee Kid

Cherokee Kid

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Question about my friend's belief Empty
PostSubject: Question about my friend's belief   Question about my friend's belief Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2007 10:47 pm

My friend stated that he believes, That his conception of God, as the governor of all nature, within and not outside of nature. Does this make him a Panendeist? Please help!
Back to top Go down
Aaron
Admin
Aaron

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Question about my friend's belief   Question about my friend's belief Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2007 9:53 am

Hi Cherokee Kid. Welcome. Smile

I think that's more of a Pantheist or Pandeist conception of god, but it's hard to say without knowing all the details.
Back to top Go down
http://panendeism.web.officelive.com/default.aspx
Cherokee Kid

Cherokee Kid

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Question about my friend's belief   Question about my friend's belief Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2007 10:09 pm

Thank you Aaron for answering my question to the best of your ability. My friend does not believe the creation is God, so he is not a Pantheist. I am a little confused. What are the beliefs of a Pandeist? He just believes God is among nature and not outside of the creation. I would like to know does anyone else share this belief, and what do they consider their self?
Back to top Go down
Aaron
Admin
Aaron

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Question about my friend's belief   Question about my friend's belief Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 10:23 am

Cherokee Kid wrote:
Thank you Aaron for answering my question to the best of your ability. My friend does not believe the creation is God, so he is not a Pantheist. I am a little confused. What are the beliefs of a Pandeist? He just believes God is among nature and not outside of the creation. I would like to know does anyone else share this belief, and what do they consider their self?

Hmmm. It almost sounds animistic or polytheistic to me but once again I'm not sure.

Pandeism is the belief that god and nature are one in the same. Pandeists base this belief on reason and experience rather than tradition, holy books, and/or dogma. Many pandeists have much more detailed metaphysical explainations then that but those are the basics. At least how I see it. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://panendeism.web.officelive.com/default.aspx
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about my friend's belief   Question about my friend's belief Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question about my friend's belief
Page 1 of 1