Panendeism.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panendeism.org

For the Promotion of Reason Based Spirituality...

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ionic foot bath

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Aaron
Admin
Aaron

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2007-01-24

Ionic foot bath Empty
PostSubject: Ionic foot bath   Ionic foot bath Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 7:05 pm

Has anyone checked these things out? It's pretty amazing what they are able to pull out of your body.

Are these things for real?
Back to top Go down
http://panendeism.web.officelive.com/default.aspx
Uriah

Uriah

Number of posts : 536
Registration date : 2007-10-11

Ionic foot bath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ionic foot bath   Ionic foot bath Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 7:59 pm

Well, I'm no Chemist, but I know what happens when you put metal objects in salt water and then put an electrical charge through them.

They rust, and I'm assuming that's what produces the discoloration of the water.

I went to the IonCleanse website and nowhere was there any test results of the "toxin" water showing us what harmful stuff was pulled from the body.

Call me skeptical.
Back to top Go down
Aaron
Admin
Aaron

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2007-01-24

Ionic foot bath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ionic foot bath   Ionic foot bath Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 9:23 am

Yeah, you're right. I found another youtube video where someone stuck a carrot in the water and the water turned muddy. It turns out that when you stick your feet into the water your body completes the circuit and allows the metal to rust.

Companies are making a killing off of this "snake oil". My wife almost spent $160 on one of those things because she saw a story on the local news about it. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://panendeism.web.officelive.com/default.aspx
Gnomon

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2007-09-30

Ionic foot bath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ionic foot bath   Ionic foot bath Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 5:04 pm

Aaron wrote:
Has anyone checked these things out? It's pretty amazing what they are able to pull out of your body.
Are these things for real?

No. Skeptical Inquirer recently investigated something similar. As I remember it, the crud in the water is mostly a precipitate of stuff dissolved in the water. The "toxins" certainly didn't come from inside the body. This seems to be a scam similar to "ear candling", where the "toxic" wax comes from the candle instead from within the body. Skepticism toward such off-the-wall "cures" is warranted.
Back to top Go down
http://www.enformationism.info/
Sponsored content

Ionic foot bath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ionic foot bath   Ionic foot bath Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ionic foot bath
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Panendeism.org :: General Discussions :: Open Discussion-
Jump to: