Panendeism.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panendeism.org

For the Promotion of Reason Based Spirituality...

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Movie review: The Man From Earth

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gnomon

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2007-09-30

Movie review: The Man From Earth Empty
PostSubject: Movie review: The Man From Earth   Movie review: The Man From Earth Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 6:44 pm

I just saw a NETFLIX instant movie that I thought might be of interest to members of this forum.

THE MAN FROM EARTH

It's a non-blockbuster, hence a free view on NetFlix. It has some familiar character actors, but no stars. It's basically about an informal conversation between a small group of college professors, and a departing friend, who reveals that he is actually a 14,000 year old man born in the Cro-Magnon era. The premise may sound like corny sci-fi, but it is a straight ahead philosophical drama. How would a man who has experienced almost all of human history, and pre-history, view the world? I won't give away any surprises, except that he knew the Buddha, among other luminaries. The worldview that emerges from the dialog seems to be similar in some ways to Deism, or at least Pantheism. It came out in 2007, so it may still be available on CD.
Back to top Go down
http://www.enformationism.info/

Movie review: The Man From Earth
Page 1 of 1