Panendeism.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panendeism.org

For the Promotion of Reason Based Spirituality...

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

IP Glossary: Omega

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Travis Clementsmith
Admin
Travis Clementsmith

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2007-03-30

IP Glossary: Omega Empty
PostSubject: IP Glossary: Omega   IP Glossary: Omega Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2007 1:52 pm

Omega: a representation of an aspect of Deity as the instigator of spiritual movement away from full recognition of what it is; sometimes referred to as paradise or the instigator of cosmic play or the ultimate state of being; the end of a transcendent path or study or realization; spiritual opposite of Alpha
Back to top Go down
Aaron
Admin
Aaron

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: IP Glossary: Omega   IP Glossary: Omega Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 2:26 pm

I tend to have a problem with the idea of an "Omega point" and with the telology behind it. I see evolution as a never ending process and purpose as part of the process of existence. I think that we exist to find and create purpose rather then the other way around. (Although that is in itself a kind of purpose I guess.)

If there is an Omega, it's probably more like a singularity then an actual point. In other words it's probably possible to get close to Omega but I don't think it's possibe to ever quite reach it.
Back to top Go down
http://panendeism.web.officelive.com/default.aspx
Travis Clementsmith
Admin
Travis Clementsmith

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: IP Glossary: Omega   IP Glossary: Omega Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 8:16 pm

Well two things, I don't use the term "point". In my model its more like a "magnetic pole" for which the manifest reaches back towards. Since the temporal and the eternal are flip sides of the same coin, the manifest is "eternally temporal" which allows for continued evolution.

Second, its a spiritual concept, not a manifest one, so we really don't have to think of it as a "thing" or a "location" at all, its more of a perception. So, theoretically, even if one achieves nonduality, they still have a manifest aspect that apapts to change from the perspective of non-duality.

-TC
Back to top Go down
Aaron
Admin
Aaron

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: IP Glossary: Omega   IP Glossary: Omega Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 10:06 pm

Ok, I thought you where talking about something similar to Teilhard de Chardin's Omega Point Theory. What you are talking about makes more sense IMO.
Back to top Go down
http://panendeism.web.officelive.com/default.aspx
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IP Glossary: Omega   IP Glossary: Omega Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IP Glossary: Omega
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Panendeism.org :: Panendeism Discussions :: Integral Panendeism Forum-
Jump to: