Panendeism.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panendeism.org

For the Promotion of Reason Based Spirituality...

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How are we all Racist?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ReinGatto

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-06-03

How are we all Racist? Empty
PostSubject: How are we all Racist?   How are we all Racist? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 10:54 pm

I had no idea where to put this.

This clip is from Avenue Q, a newer broadway musical. This song is called, of course, "Everyone's a little bit racist"

I'd like to point out a few things. They claim that everyone is racist, but people who have lived in a closet all their life and don't have interaction with anyone, can't be racist. Plus, there are a few people who really aren't racist at all. I know one person who wasn't racist and didn't even stop to think about it.
I, too, don't even think about race unless it's brought up. I don't care about looks period and neither did my friend.

How many people think the same way as the person who made Avenue Q? How many really tried to change things?

By the way, when they say "Don't take them as personal attacks" Well, that is actually extremely rude to some people who had to deal with it all their lives. I know their trying to change things and don't mean harm (I think) but they could've tried to say it in a nicer way.

P.S., Aaaaaah! Those pauses in the song are annoying! Their driving me nuts! Brick Wall
Back to top Go down
ReinGatto

PostSubject: Re: How are we all Racist?   How are we all Racist? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 11:02 pm

P.S., the characters are:

Kate Monster (The bratty girl who wants to start a school)

Princeton (The jerk who started the song filled with pauses)

Gary Coleman (Yep, you heard right!)

Brain (The moronic husband)

Christmas Eve (The offended wife)
Back to top Go down
Schizophretard

Schizophretard

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2007-10-22

PostSubject: Re: How are we all Racist?   How are we all Racist? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 5:01 am

I don't think everyone is racist but I do believe everyone has prejudices. We all prejudge people and that is why it is good to give good first impressions when you meet someone.

I think people call people racist for things that are not even racist. I define racism as the belief that your own race is the "true" human race and other races are just animals. For an example, if someone said that races have differences then people call them a racist. I don't agree with that because believing that races have differences isn't racist. It would be racist if you believed races have differences and use that to justify treating other races as inferior.

I look at race as the same as being different breeds. Dogs have different breeds and each breed has it's own strengths and weaknesses. All dogs are different but they are all equal because they are all dogs. That is how I view our races. We have differences but we are all human. So, we should be treated with equal human rights. Many people would say I'm a racist for believing that races have differences but if I'm a racist then why do I believe everyone should be treated as equals?
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/dayorder
stretmediq

stretmediq

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: How are we all Racist?   How are we all Racist? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 7:06 am

ReinGatto wrote:

Why is the husband moronic? Hmmmmm? Isn't that sexiest? Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://www.cafepress.com/newdeism
Aaron
Admin
Aaron

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: How are we all Racist?   How are we all Racist? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 9:14 am

I agree that race plays a role in the way people think and judge others more than most people would be willing to admit or even realize for that matter.

Is this racism is? Sure I guess it can be called that at least in a latent form. Is it always a bad thing? I don't know. I do think it stems from a natural mechanism of survival however. I think it's important for us as rational beings to be aware of our emotional prejudices so that we can use reason as a more effective tool of judging and picking and choosing or behavior.
Back to top Go down
http://panendeism.web.officelive.com/default.aspx
ReinGatto

PostSubject: Re: How are we all Racist?   How are we all Racist? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 2:03 pm

stretmediq wrote:
ReinGatto wrote:

Why is the husband moronic? Hmmmmm? Isn't that sexiest? Suspect
Nope. I'm just saying that he's a moron, not all guys. Razz
Back to top Go down
ReinGatto

PostSubject: Re: How are we all Racist?   How are we all Racist? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 2:07 pm

Schizophretard wrote:
I don't think everyone is racist but I do believe everyone has prejudices. We all prejudge people and that is why it is good to give good first impressions when you meet someone.

I think people call people racist for things that are not even racist. I define racism as the belief that your own race is the "true" human race and other races are just animals. For an example, if someone said that races have differences then people call them a racist. I don't agree with that because believing that races have differences isn't racist. It would be racist if you believed races have differences and use that to justify treating other races as inferior.

I look at race as the same as being different breeds. Dogs have different breeds and each breed has it's own strengths and weaknesses. All dogs are different but they are all equal because they are all dogs. That is how I view our races. We have differences but we are all human. So, we should be treated with equal human rights. Many people would say I'm a racist for believing that races have differences but if I'm a racist then why do I believe everyone should be treated as equals?

That's exactly what I thought!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How are we all Racist?   How are we all Racist? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How are we all Racist?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Panendeism.org :: General Discussions :: Open Discussion-
Jump to: