Panendeism.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panendeism.org

For the Promotion of Reason Based Spirituality...

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Discussions, Writings, and Books

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sheggrra

sheggrra

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Discussions, Writings, and Books Empty
PostSubject: Discussions, Writings, and Books   Discussions, Writings, and Books Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 3:33 pm

Hello,

I consider myself a Pandeist. I was wondering what writings that you fellow Deists enjoy reading most. If you consider any book as a great one with definitive ideas, such as God's Debris by Scott Adams (which is not my favorite at all, but it has great ideas) please tell me!

Also, I am and have been writing a lot of philosophical (mostly Pandeist) stuff on my own and am interested in having someone else read my writings and I, in turn, would potentially read theirs. Afterwards some comments or discussion would be great! Is anyone interested in that?

Is there anywhere people go to talk about their philosophy or how they understand their form of Deism, Pandeism, and Panendeism? Where do people go?

This should be a great topic if I get some replies!

-Ivan

PS: If anyone is in North Carolina and wants to have a discussion, perhaps, it would be good to know.
Back to top Go down
Uriah

Uriah

Number of posts : 536
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Discussions, Writings, and Books   Discussions, Writings, and Books Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 4:07 pm

Hello, good to meet you Ivan.

The works that have most inspired me are things like Pilgrim at Tinker Creek by Annie Dillard, Man and His Symbols by Carl Jung et al., Candide by Voltaire, The Teachings of Don Juan by Carlos Castenada, The Plague by Albert Camus, The Five Dialogues by Plato, and No Exit by Jean Paul Sartre.

Admittedly, there is not much philosophy in there - at least not strict philosophy. As far as that goes I am most recently inspired by Spinoza's Ethics, and The Leviathan by Thomas Hobbes, Critique on Pure Reason by Kant, and the poetry of Robinson Jeffers.

I come here to talk about philosophy - my wife and friends just get bored and ignore me. lol
Back to top Go down
Aaron
Admin
Aaron

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Discussions, Writings, and Books   Discussions, Writings, and Books Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 4:29 pm

Hello and welcome!

I sometimes consider myself a pandeist rather than a panendeist depending on my mood.

I think you'll find that there are a lot of writers on here. By the last count we had about 5 or 6 members here who had written books.

Some of my favorite books are 'Integral Spirituality' by Ken Wilber, 'The Tao Te Ching', by Lao Tzu, 'God and the New Physics' by Paul Davies, and 'Walden' by Thoreau. I also enjoy the philosophy of Ervin Laszlo, Arthur Koestler, Ralph Waldo Emerson, and Jane Loevinger.

Feel free to share any of your writings here. I'm sure you'll find lots of people willing to offer up their own opinions on things.
Back to top Go down
http://panendeism.web.officelive.com/default.aspx
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discussions, Writings, and Books   Discussions, Writings, and Books Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Discussions, Writings, and Books
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Panendeism.org :: Panendeism Discussions :: General Panendeism Forum-
Jump to: