Panendeism.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panendeism.org

For the Promotion of Reason Based Spirituality...

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Argument From Infinity

Go down 
+3
Schizophretard
Travis Clementsmith
Aaron
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Helium

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Argument From Infinity - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argument From Infinity   Argument From Infinity - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 10:48 pm

Quote :
Our philosophies should be a work in progress, not complete and dogmatic. When I stop thinking, please shoot me.
Aye, I'll drink to that!
Back to top Go down
Schizophretard

Schizophretard

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2007-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Argument From Infinity   Argument From Infinity - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 4:35 am

Helium wrote:
Quote :
Our philosophies should be a work in progress, not complete and dogmatic. When I stop thinking, please shoot me.
Aye, I'll drink to that!

I can supply the gun. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/dayorder
Aaron
Admin
Aaron

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Argument From Infinity   Argument From Infinity - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 10:32 am

Paul Anthony wrote:
Helium wrote:

WE each simply work with the knowledge we have to make as clear a picture as we can, I guess, and, if you're like me, you post your thoughts here to see if they stand up under the scrutiny of other eyes.

Fair enough. To be honest, my own opinions are in flux, the more I read about Buddhism. Our philosophies should be a work in progress, not complete and dogmatic. When I stop thinking, please shoot me. Smile

I very much agree with both of you. Cheers!
Back to top Go down
http://panendeism.web.officelive.com/default.aspx
Aaron
Admin
Aaron

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Argument From Infinity   Argument From Infinity - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 10:41 am

Helium wrote:
PA, I am in complete agreement on a non-intervening God and on free will. In fact, I believe my own metaphor clearly states that each sentient being is responsible for and is the author of his own evil, and was actually taking you panendeists to task for suggesting that evil is somehow divine.

I think the problem you're having with my usage of the word "divine" is the understanding that something divine is always good.

Here's a dictionary definition of the word...
divine- 1a. Having the nature of or being a deity. b. Of, relating to, emanating from, or being the expression of a deity. c. Being in the service or worship of a deity; sacred. 2. Superhuman; godlike. 3a. Supremely good or beautiful; magnificent: a divine performance of the concerto. b. Extremely pleasant; delightful: had a divine time at the ball. 4. Heavenly; perfect.

The way I used the term is more in line with 1a. and especially 1b.: "Of, relating to, emanating from, or being the expression of a deity."

In other words, I don't view god as being ultimately good or bad, but a little of both and neither at the same time. IMO, divinity isn't just in the good it's in the ability to live and choose.
Back to top Go down
http://panendeism.web.officelive.com/default.aspx
Helium

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2007-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Argument From Infinity   Argument From Infinity - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 12:59 am

Yeah, I think I understand what you mean within the context of the panendeistic metaphor (as I like to call them)!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argument From Infinity   Argument From Infinity - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Argument From Infinity
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3